Fort Myers mold damage services
- Immediate emergency services
- Direct insurance billing
- Free estimates
- We provide exceptional quality of work and customer service
- Handle all your needs from start to finish, fast!
The key to mold control is moisture control. It is important to properly dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth. PuroClean Property Restoration Services takes the necessary precautions to avoid mold growth after water damage restoration.
But in some cases, especially in coastal Florida where vacation properties are unattended for long periods, mold growth is discovered long after it’s had a chance to spread. Flooding is an unfortunate circumstance, as mold can grow on virtually any organic material as long as moisture and oxygen are present, flourishes in warm, humid climates like FL, and is especially prevalent in crawlspaces and attics.
Mold damage gradually destroys the things they grow on, and left unchecked mold can cause severe structural damage. Moreover, the presence of toxic mold poses serious health risks. Inhalation exposure to mold spores indoors can cause headaches, allergic reactions, asthma attacks, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and severe negative long-term health effects. Inhaling, ingesting, or even contacting the toxic byproducts of mold (mycotoxins) can lead to even graver health concerns.
It is essential to communicate with an experienced professional when mold damage is discovered, and we fill that role. Our experience, training, and state-of-the-art equipment allow mold remediation for virtually any mold contamination, and we can take care of all of your mold damage cleanup and mold removal Fort Myers FL needs.
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold Damage
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold damage is a problem in your home or business, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Attempt to reduce humidity to decrease mold growth by venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Contact a professional to remediate the mold and thoroughly dry the area. Absorbent materials such as ceilings, walls, and other structure that are moldy may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. Some molds can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
Mold damage remediation and removal services throughout Fort Myers FL, including 33901 33902 33903 33905 33906 33907 33908 33911 33912 33913 33916 33917 33918 33919 33965 33966 33967 33993 33994.